It’s estimated that each year, Americans will consume an astonishing 600 million pounds of candy during Halloween*. Take a break from the trick-or-treaters with some haunted twists and delectable recipes and serve up an unforgettable night with your family and friends around your electric fireplace. Here are just a few recipes that are sure to please your crowd this Halloween.
Turn on Your Electric Fireplace and Drink Up
Kick off any Halloween gathering with themed beverages that the entire family can enjoy around the electric fireplace. One piece perfect for the occasion is the Greatlin Bluetooth Compatible TV Stand with ClassicFlame® Electric Fireplace from Twin Star Home™. Set up your haunted bash with Halloween movies, music, and more by taking advantage of its Bluetooth-compatible speakers for movie theatre sound quality. When paired with the accompanying storage piers, it creates an entertainment center with ample space for all of your spooky décor.
When the party starts, welcome your guests with a cup of The Kitchn’s Witch’s Brew Punch, a non-alcoholic option appropriate for all ages. Here’s how to get the batch going:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir six whole cloves, two 3-inch cinnamon sticks, a 2-inch piece of sliced and peeled ginger, one half of an orange’s peel, 1/3 cup of water, and 1/3 cup of sugar.
- Once sugar has dissolved, cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Keeping the cover on, remove from heat and let it steep for one hour.
- Strain the syrup mixture thoroughly and chill.
- In a punch bowl, combine one chilled 25 ¼-ounce bottle of sparkling cider, one 32-ounce bottle of chilled cranberry cocktail, and one liter of chilled seltzer or club soda.
- Add ice and mix in syrup.
- Garnish with gummy worms, licorice rope, and candy corn.
- To treat the adults in your group to something extra special, add a shot of your favorite liquor to this recipe to make for an unforgettable cocktail.
Gather near for Spooky Appetizers
After warming up with a holiday beverage in front of your electric fireplace, try this Stuffed Potato Ghosts recipe from Taste of Home, which combines the deliciousness of a baked potato with the spirit of Halloween. They are perfect finger foods, and be warned – they won’t last long! Follow these steps:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Bake two pounds of fingerling potatoes for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Leave oven heated to 350°F.
- While those are in the oven, pierce one large baking potato with a fork and microwave until tender (about seven minutes), then cut it in half and remove the pulp.
- Mash the pulp in a bowl and add 1/3 cup of sour cream, two ounces of softened cream cheese, one tablespoon of butter, ¼ teaspoon of salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Cut each fingerling in half vertically and place each on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spread about one tablespoon of the mashed potato mixture over each fingerling half.
- Cut slices of Monterey Jack cheese into six rectangles each, placing one on each fingerling.
- Bake fingerlings for 10-11 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Dice olives and green onions for the eyes and mouths of the ghosts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make Memories around Your Electric Fireplace with Halloween Desserts
What’s Halloween without something sweet? Since the kids will be bringing home plenty of candy, serve your friends and family with a spooky twist on a classic dessert like Taste of Home’s Carnival Candy Apples. And they’ll taste even sweeter when surrounded by the warmth and ambiance of an electric fireplace like the Eugene Wall Mantel, which you can adorn with Halloween décor. Here’s how to make the apples:
- In a large saucepan, melt ½ cup of butter.
- Add two cups of brown sugar, one cup of light corn syrup, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, and then stir in one 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Cook until the mixture reaches 248°F.
- Remove from heat and stir in one teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Stick popsicle sticks into medium tart apples.
- Dip apples in the mixture.
- Dip the caramelized apples into chopped peanuts and candy corn.
Your Stop for Electric Fireplace (and Home Furnishings) Needs
If you’re ready to upgrade your electric fireplace or invest in one for the first time, visit twinstarhome.com. From wall mantels to accent furniture, we make it easier than ever to find an electric fireplace that will suit your needs – all while giving you the chance to form a supplemental zone heating strategy in any room of your home to help you save money. To get a peek of the style and inspiration available from Twin Star Home, check us out on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter @TwinStarHome.